Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wind Ensemble! Second Chair?

So this happened on Monday, but a certain Spam incident kept me from writing. What a bummer!
Anyway. If you don't know already, i play the trombone. What a fabulous instrument. Well, last year i saw the wind ensemble at a school concert and thought, "Hey. I should do that next year. In fact, i'll practice all summer."
Well you know what i did? I let my trombone collect dust all summer. (I'm not kidding :) So when i remembered my goal, i was NOT happy. SO the school year has been going for a while, and to put it gently, i haven't been practicing much. Now know this, i have never been a real "practicer", much to the dismay of my band teacher. So when the time came to get the music we would be playing, i kicked-it-into-high-gear-in-the-pants-all-the-way-to-november. Well at least, i said i did. But of course, i didn't (i tend to do that a lot). So the audition came, and i did ok. 3 trombones had tried out, and there were 3 parts. So i knew that if i was any good i was in. But as the day the results were posted grew closer, i grew ever more nervous.
So the day came. And i looked at the results. WOW. First trombone part, second chair. I was hoping to scrape by on the last chair. But i guess i had a really good audition.
Yay ME!

3 comments:

Lori said...

I'm so proud!

Alison + Brandon said...

Your practicing habits sound a lot like mine. That's probably not a good thing... But congratulations! I hope you have fun playing with the wind ensemble.

We'll put a link on our blog to yours.

Molly said...

Congrats, and by the way, I notice that you don't have my blog linked on the sidebar, I'm a bit hurt. Although, Alison doesn't have me on her sidebar either...